Here is another weeknight dinner we learned from my sister-in-law. My husband usually cooks this one. I don't like standing over the stove stirring things. It's hot, and smelly. I much prefer slicing and dicing and all the prep. So last night I chopped the tomatoes and onions, assembled the other ingredients, and when my husband came home, he stir fried everything up!
Thanks again for the recipe Fae (do we make it the same way?)!! I love having dinner at your place!
1 package frozen cod filets (or whatever white fish filets you prefer)
4-5 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp or so capers
1. Season fish filets with salt and pepper
2. Heat oil in pan, cook filets through. (Turn a couple times, the cod breaks apart a little)...Remove fish from pan, set aside on a plate
3. Stir fry onions until tender
4. Add tomatoes to the onions, let cook until tomatoes break down
5. Add capers, some parsley and fish to the pan (with tomatoes and onions). Let everything simmer for a bit.
We ate this over white rice.
Do you know any good fish recipes? I would like to incorporate more fish into our diet, but this is the only dish we know how to make*! (Lucky for us, there is always Japanese)
*My husband doesn't like salmon.