We are having a BBQ in the 'finished' backyard this Saturday with my inlaws. It will be our first al fresco dinner party!
I am planning what to make for our guests (six adults, two kids, two toddlers). I think the BBQ menu has to be EASY. Mainly because I don't want to spend much time cooking (I would rather spend more time putting the food into the right mix and match of pyrex dishes), but also since chowing down on summer favorites is sometimes better than attempting dazzling new recipes!
- Fresh french baguette and old white cheddar
- Turkey kolbassa (for my nieces)
- Nacho dip and nacho chips
- Carrot sticks, grape tomatoes and cucumber wedges (these are the veggies that seem to go the quickest whenever I prepare full veggie tray)
- Roasted almonds
- BBQ beef short ribs (quick and easy!)
- Spanish shrimp potato salad
- Bacon broccoli salad (mom's recipe, I don't think I've served this to the inlaws yet, but broccoli is on sale at metro and looking pretty fresh)
- Corn on the cob
- Garden salad (prepared by sister-in-law)
- My other sister in law will probably bring some take-out noodles or fried rice...
- fresh fruits
What are your go-to appetizers? I usually make these ... but they are becoming too predictable now.