Thank you for your comments on my last togo post. I am going to pursue this further. I really want a sectional in the basement. We can't afford the actual Togo (we can't justify owning an iconic masterpiece when it is more than likely to be barfed or pooped on, multiple times). So I am looking into a FOGO, a fake-togo (Yes I'm cheesey!)
Waverunner Modular Sectional Sofa is another knockoff Togo...can a sectional really only cost $1500 (before taxes and shipping)? Anyways, the Waverunner has a smaller footprint than the Downlow, and only comes in Red.
Chair dimensions & price
Togo: H: 27.5'' x W: 34.25'' x D: 40.25' Price $1700-2600
Downlow: W34" x D40" x H27.5" Price $450
Waverunner: 34" W x 36" D x 26" H Price $349
- Does this make it a little more OK to buy a knockoff?
- I have not found a supplier of the Downlow in Canada (I contacted the manufacturer, we will see if they get back to me)
- Red is growing on me, but I would need to see a fabric sample first.
- Wave runner is smaller, and therefore more likely to fit down the tight stairway (old home).
- I would prefer to sit on the sofa, at least once, before buying.
- My husband is not interested in vintage anything that is upholstered.
- If we can connect with a retailer (why is that so difficult? shouldn't be!), then we will sell the KIVIK, and most likely the West Elm jute rug too! Just sayin'!
If you know where I can purchase a FOGO (not a real term, see above), PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
UPDATE: I am so indecisive. Since it is TOGO I love, not FOGO, I may have to walk away from this...Besides, I don't think I can handle red - ever *sigh*