Thursday, July 19, 2012
Four weeks without sugar (or dairy, or white bread)
- I don't feel deprived - at all!
- The scale read 131lbs* this morning! (129lbs yesterday morning, but whatever)...more importantly my clothing is getting looser, and my love handles are melting.
- I have to make an effort to eat. Before, I was always hungry. Perhaps my appetite is changing as the baby eats more solids? At any rate, I don't need to stuff my face, and when I am hungry, there is something delicious and healthy to satisfy me.
- My skin is clear. Sure, I got a facial, and I started exfoliating again. Diet can't take all of the credit...but the little sweat bumps that broke out on my forehead have been tamed.
- I eat a lot of fat. Olive oil in particular is a much larger part of our diet. Simple oil & vinegar salad dressing; oil, lemon, and rosemary chicken marninade; grilled veggies lightly tossed in oil...I am making an effort to use Pam spray when cooking.
- I have more energy. I still wake up tired from disturbed nights. However, I have the power to get through my day without feeling that I need a nap. I am more alert.
- I have more patience. This is key! This is what I was after. Patience is often missing from my life, and when I get even a little, good things happen.
I will keep going, at least to the end of summer, because it is easy. For me, it is much easier than trying to eat 'everything in moderation'. Whomever thought up that bit of logic never encountered my taste buds. If I have a little - I want A LOT! If I have none, I don't even miss it.
ps. The fridge is rarely this full...
*down from 140lbs four weeks ago...