Monday, August 5, 2013
U of Toronto Continuing Education Lecture Series
University of Toronto's School of Continuing Education Lecture Series, to ease back into school. You know, walking around campus wearing boots, a cardigan, and glasses, carrying a great book bag and a coffee to go...
U of T offers several courses that I want to take. This one fit into my schedule. It samples 10 very different subjects, here are five of the ten topics:
- Peter the Great and the Founding of St. Petersburg
- Decoding RNA Interference: Worms and plants provide clues for treating disease
- Shifting the Grief Paradigm
- Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, and Other Metaphors for Modern Science
- 10 of the Most Influential People in Toronto’s History
I don't know anything about any of this stuff...and that is exactly the point! To get out of the house and peer inside another world for an hour a week.
ps. they have these Alumni Trips...and, like, of course I want to go on every single one, you know?