BEFORE: FOYER & POWDER ROOM (the powder room was in the corner of the foyer, the former coat closet)
BEFORE: LIVING ROOM
BEFORE: DINING ROOM
BEFORE: SECOND BEDROOM
BEFORE: SMALL BEDROOM
AFTER: SMALL BEDROOM/NURSERY
BASEMENT BEFORE (Ceiling height 6'4")
BASEMENT AFTER (Ceiling height 8'6")
AFTER: BASEMENT BATHROOM
- We bought the house in 2007.
- During 2007-2008, we worked with an architect and general contractor to remodel the main floor and upstairs. We kept as much of the character of the original as possible (refinished the floors, all original trim), and added a small extension with a new kitchen, and moved the powder room next to the door to the basement stairs.
- We moved in once the renovation was complete, labor day weekend of 2008.
- In 2009, we worked with a designer to acquire furniture and art - money well spent! She emailed our options to us, and we could pick out new chairs, sofa, lighting, tables (etc.) from home!
- In 2010, we underpinned the basement. We started this blog to document the renovation.
We have slowly been adding our personality into the house by picking up items from Craigslist or at second hand stores (sometimes IKEA). The end result...we are only now (after five long years) taking the designer and architect's 'vision' and making it our own.
(Please click here to see the backyard before and after, thanks!)