Emma does texture like nobody's business...I know you know this!
Morgan (who I am not on first names with, but, well, I can't hold that against her), to me, IS California. I love what she does!
Dabito, well now, Dabito is the best. He is young, he is creative, he has his own style.
I don't think there is even a hint of what I see on these websites in our house. This morning, as I scrolled through The Brick House Tumbler, I was wondering about this. If I am overwhelmingly drawn to a certain style, then why doesn't it show up in my home?
Let me suggest some possible reasons:
1) I am too cheap
2) I see our house as 'done', and I don't know how to push the limits
3) We used a designer in the beginning, and I am reluctant to change anything she did
4) We are not in California
5) I have my own style
6) I like modern AND I like gramma stuff
7) Too much IKEA (if there is such a thing!)
8) We don't live in a loft, or a modern house
9) I don't own any kilim pillows
What IS my style? Can you see it?
ps. Anytime I have 'copied' something from a blog it hasn't turned out well for me in the end. Inevitably, it is a waste of money. While I love looking through blogs, I try not to get too caught up in what everyone else is doing. Of course, it is impossible NOT to be influenced. At the same time I don't want to end up with a blogger home. You know?